The community of Our Savior greets you in the name of Jesus Christ
The Son of God's death for our forgiveness, and his resurrection back to life for our own resurrection has so influenced our lives that we've committed our life to honor God in all we do.
At Our Savior, the Bible is our foundation, God's grace in the Gospel is our guiding power, and Jesus Christ is our cornerstone. So, we welcome you in His name, and stand ready to assist you in every spiritual need.
Vision Statement: Connecting all people to Jesus ... while growing as a community of hope.
Mission: Connecting with people through friendship, via ...
- Bible-based beliefs
- Friendly, multi-generational gatherings
- Transformational ministry
- Living as a caring, Christian community
1) Jesus is life. The rest is details. Jesus Christ alone is our hope, and the only real and lasting hope for the world (John 14:6). Because God first loved us, we love him. For this reason we don’t apologize for the gospel or for putting our relationship with him first in our lives (Romans 1:16). We strive to respond faithfully to the call of Jesus to follow him above all else in this world, which so often competes for our time, energy and attention. (Luke 14:15-24)
2) All people matter to God; so all people matter to us. Jesus was sent to bring together a lost world with the God who loves us (Luke 15:1-32), and he calls us to do the same. We welcome unchurched people, and we know what a difference Jesus can make in their lives. For this reason we seek to reach out to the world around us and share the everlasting love of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28: 19-20, John 20:21; I Corinthians 9:19-27)
3) Jesus loves the Little Children. (Mark 10: 13-14; Matthew 18:3) Because children matter to Jesus, children matter to us. We offer our Early Learning Center for childcare, staffed nursery & Children’s Church during worship, an exciting Wednesday evening program, and other events.
4) Growing in faith is a journey. As followers of Jesus Christ, we are called to move from spiritual infancy to spiritual maturity(Philippians 3: 13-14; Ephesians 4: 12-14). For this reason we strive to bring people into an ever-growing relationship with Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19). As we grow, we turn our hearts to God, giving of our selves—freely and cheerfully (2 Corinthians 9:7) This growth best happens in small groups (Acts 2:42-47).
5) We are one body, united in Jesus Christ. We are a church of individuals, yet called together by God to be one in ministry and mission. As members of the same body, we become more effective when we work together as one. (John17:20-23).
6) No God, No Hope. Know God, Know Hope! God has provided us with his written Word, preserved through the ages as the Bible. Through Bible study, we learn of our creation, past, future, and purpose on this earth. We pursue this as individuals, in small groups, and as a whole body. (1 Peter 1:3; Romans 15:13; 1 Thessalonians 4: 13-14)
At Lutheran Church of Our Savior we firmly believe the doctrines of historic Christianity as they are revealed in the Bible.
-We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God
-We believe that the one and only God has revealed himself to us as the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
-We believe that all people have sinned and continue to fall short of God's expectations and that our sin separates us from God.
-But we also believe that Jesus Christ took the punishment for our sin in his crucifixion, and thus made peace with God.
-We believe that those who reject or ignore Jesus Christ will suffer eternal separation from God, while those who believe and love Him will live forever in heaven.
-We believe that the Christian demonstrates faithful living by worshiping with others and by reading, studying and living God's Word.
Lutheran Church of Our Savior is a "family"
-who welcomes everyone to enjoy this personal relationship with God through the Savior Jesus Christ.
-who encourages God's people to be examples of God's merciful love, by actions and words.
-who, because God has given us grateful hearts, we now respond by sharing what He's freely given us.
As God has blessed us, so
we strive to be a blessing in our world.